Startups today are the way to the future. A start up enterprise needs all the essential ingredients to make it a success – vision, mission, marketing strategy, long work hours, smart workforce, teamwork, planning and the list goes on. In addition to this, you would need some good investors and good design choices to attract those investors. It may take a back seat in your thought process while you are busy with other things; but the layout and design of your office furniture is a very important factor like any other for success.
There are two critical things that you must not ignore while choosing your office furniture – cost and functionality as per your image. Investors would already know that you require money for the journey to begin; so do not reinforce this by putting impractical furniture like low quality chairs / tables at all. Instead, show them your creativity with wise use of the money you have.
Inexpensive yet smart design is always acceptable, but do not invest in cheap furniture. If you have trouble selecting the smart office furniture for your office, hire the services of a design specialist. The following inputs from you always come handy in sprucing up the modern office furniture:
- Identity: Give a correct impression of your company to investors, employees and clients that you mean business. This shows in the design you select for the office space you have. You can have eye-catching entrance sign boards, nice lobby areas, and functional modular seating arrangements. This generates a powerful and positive impression into the minds of investors, potential clients and employees.
- Flexible: Start-ups do undergo changes over a period of time in terms of physical space. A meeting room may become a workspace tomorrow or a pantry may be converted into a picture gallery. As far as possible, keep your furniture designs flexible keeping in mind functionality and corporate identity. An open structure with movable furniture / spaces shows that you are thinking ahead. Invest in smart modular furniture and cubicles which give you a lot more options than fixed furniture.
- Ergonomic: Chairs, desks, and meeting tables are essential for everyday business. If your staff needs to invest a lot of time in the office, you should provide comfortable modular chairs and work tables. The other important aspect is the kind of work required from the employees. You have to think if it requires more desktop area or modular storage area; more open spaces or smaller cubicles; big meeting room or a smaller sitting arrangement etc. Adding to these utilities is the lighting aspect where you can supplement electric light with natural light and greenery inside the office space.
- Colours: Add colours to your startup office space keeping in mind the feeling you wish to generate about your company to all the potential stakeholders. You may choose to have bright colours to the wall to give a youthful outlook or mix & match with different hues for creative outlook.
- Image: Express your startup identity through display of artwork on the walls. This can be spruced up with the smart office furniture. You may choose to project artwork as modern art of classical form depending upon what image you wish to project. However, always be careful in the choice of picture you put on the wall as it tells a lot about you.